Heart of the King Country
Three day group package deal.
This tour requires 10 passengers to run.
The tour can include children between 8 and 13yr olds who are taller than the minimum height of 70cm.
Depart for Waimiha at 8 am. visit the following:
- Lew Pickens live working bullocks and farm museum
- Endean's original saw mill
- The latest rotary type dairy shed
- Enjoy an amazing safe overland experience in our 6 seater viking atv
- Journey to the spectacular 141m span Pureora Timber Trail suspension bridge
- Finish the day with a nights stay at the Black Fern Lodge and enjoy its unique setting and special atmosphere.
If you like to discover the surroundings that Black Fern Lodge has to offer then take the eco walk along the Ongarue river. Its banks are home to the unique blue duck, wood pigeons and trout.
Summer swims can be enjoyed in this pristine and clean environment.
On the return trip, visit Te Kuiti; the town of legends
Te Kuiti is the home of the celebrated Sir Colin Meads, an icon of world rugby. It is also the home of Sir David Fagan; 12 times world shearing champion.
Return to base camp for the night
Freedom to explore and enjoy the local activities that the Waitomo Caves district has to offer before your journey home.
Pre arranged package tour
All pricing includes escort and transport costs ex Otorohanga base camps.
3 nights booked accommodation at base camps Jan Alz B&B and or the Glow Worm Motel
Overnight stay at Black Fern Lodge; includes dinner and lunches at Waimiha.
Concession price per person: $620
Terms and Conditions apply.
To take advantage of this package deal contact Allan direct on 027 202 2802 or Fred on 027 471 3856 to arrange the preferred date for your group to visit.